Sunday, July 28, 2013

Week 2 Findings

This week I gained a plethora of knowledge and insight into the role of a leader and the importance of action research.  Part 2 of our assignment for this week was definitely where I spent most of my time and energy because the "nine areas of major wonderings of many school leaders" are also major wonderings of my own.  Staff development, curriculum development, individual teacher (s), individual student (s), school culture/community, leadership, management, school performance, and social justice or equity issues are all aspects and areas of concern that principals are forced to continually address.  All of these areas are intertwined into the framework of obstacles that we as administrators will have to decipher and make sense of.  I gained further respect for the leaders of our schools and everything they have to take into consideration when making decisions for the betterment of their faculties and students.    

No comments:

Post a Comment